Wednesday 1 August 2012

POTENTIAL PRESENTER



The line  "SHORTY GOT POTENTIAL, I CAN BE HER SPONSOR...."


Well that seems to of been the theme of my previous week...

Deciding to explore all my options in media I decided to cash in my dreams account of being a TV presenter and enter OHTV's Jamaican Summer presenter competition.


SO...


I recorded a 60 seconds reel, courtesy of R U Media onto Youtube and tagged OHTV via Facebook and Twitter discretely. After about a week or two of mad voting by friends and family I became one of OHTV's finalist and went down to the studio to compete on film with all the other finalist's at the same time. (More info on that coming real soon)

Being quite content with the prospects of going to the Studios with the chance to be OHTV's new TV presenter, and being broadcasted on a daily basis in Jamaica where my loved ones can kick back and watch little old me, I was HAPPY to say the least.

Where it all began: 60secs show reel


Then I got a call from Sophia Jackson, editor and founder of Afridiziak Theatre News, explaining that my reel had been sent over to the executive producer Andrew Osayemi founder of Meet The Adebanjo's , and he wanted me to host The Worlds Premiere of Venus VS Mars and a CUP of T'! 

The same evening of the day that I was going to audition at OHTV was when it was all going to take place, so I jumped at the chance of getting my self out there, and typical journalist style wrote down every teeny bit of information possible as time was of the essence and it was not on my side!

After spending the entire afternoon at OHTV, I made my way to Leicester Square's very own Prince Charles Cinema and prepared to host the screening and live Q&A of Venus VS Mars and A cup of T!



Tonight's host Miss Amica Anselm


NOT TO SELF: Seperate the writer from the presenter and throw that clipboard AWAY!
DON'T JEALOUS ME!

Like most who put in the hard graft - we like to finish it off with a bag of laughs!! In this case we shook off the remains of hard work and tiresome preparation at the after party at Metra with a couple of boggles to the Bashment and Azonto free styling to the Afrobeats!!

Baby Isako -playwright and director


Girls getting their drink on!
From left to right: Andrew, Amica, and Remel London
Million Dollar SHOT!

Thank you all for reading this and supporting my movement into the presenting world. This is only the beginning and i'm in it for the long haul. So keep following, tweeting, Facebooking and of course supporting as there's a lot more to come, with my potential to articulate myself, be brave and put myself out there I bagged two fantastic opportunity's. STAY TUNED and keep me SPONSORED...

Here's a taster of the night captured by R U Media




                  THANK YOU! XX

No comments:

Post a Comment